To date, Make-A-Wish® Metro New York and Western New York has granted over 13,000 wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions, living throughout the Metro New York and Western New York Area. Without the help of volunteers, like you, none of this would be possible. To carry out our mission, we depend on the help of more than 1,400 volunteers throughout the 23 New York counties we serve.
Take the first step!
In order to provide our Wish Children and their families with the best experience possible, all potential volunteers must:
1. Be at least 18 years old
2. View a Volunteer Information Session, which can be accessed here
3. Complete a Volunteer Application
4. Complete Make-A-Wish University Volunteer Onboarding
5. Complete a criminal background
6. Attend Specialized Volunteer Role Training
(All information in the application, as well as any acquired through the background investigation, will remain confidential and be used for screening and placement purposes only.)