Job title: Coordinator, Data Services
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Associate, Data Services
Type of position: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Regular hours worked: 35 per week
The Data Services Coordinator will report to the Data Services Associate and is an expert in systems thinking, data integrity, and is expected to drive accountability across all levels of the organization. This role will provide organizational data oversight, develop processes and procedures related to data management, and educate stakeholders on best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize data visualization tools (Spotfire, Power BI, etc.) to continue consistent data reporting on key mission delivery metrics to stakeholders across the organization.
- Perform data mining functions to investigate wish and budget information to help inform strategic business decisions (i.e. travel related wishes).
- Drive quality controls ensuring all data is accurate and up to date in the system.
- Work across departments to refine current data processes and streamline and promote best practices for the organization.
- Cross-train and help lead RE import refinement.
- Increase cross functionality and help develop cross departmental collaborative initiatives across the organization.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Assist with the completion of all necessary paperwork to prepare volunteers for becoming active with the chapter. Ensure all Conflict of Interest and Ethics Statements are renewed and up to date in the system.
- Help ensure volunteer base is 100% compliant at all times and all volunteer files on the Shared drive are in compliance and updated accordingly.
- Produce consistent compliance reporting to ensure management is aware of any potential risks to our families or the organization.
- Manage processes for notifying volunteers and staff of non-compliant volunteers.
- Work with team to identify and address volunteers who are inactive.
- Ensure data integrity and governance through regular updating of RE profiles in collaboration with Data Services leads.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data from conceptualization through presentation to a cross functional audience. Exceptional analytical skills, organizational skills, written skills, and attention to detail. Proficient in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Highly motivated “self-starter” capable of managing competing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate needs and show initiative in managing and promoting new projects. Ability to balance and understand both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives.
- Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential staff, donor and volunteer information.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of management, staff, volunteers, donors and vendors.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field.
- Computer literate with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
- Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to normal office conditions which would include varying levels of background noise and normal office distractions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
How to Apply:
Please use the link below to complete and submit our formal application for the Manager, Medical, Community and Volunteer Engagement position with Make-A-Wish Metro New York.
Please note: only applications submitted through this link via Formstack will be considered for this position.