Reports to: Manager, Annual Campaign and Donor Services
Type of Position: Intern
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Donor Services Intern will work directly with the Donor Services Coordinator and the Development Team to provide support.
This role will provide organizational oversight and help with processes and procedures related to data management. This role is instrumental in working with internal and external clients in an effort to achieve the overarching goal of granting wishes to every eligible child.
This is the ideal experience for someone looking into a career in Donor Services, Data Analytics, and Operations although we welcome all interested applicants!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide data integrity, data analytics and various project support based on determined need.
- Deliver key insights and analysis to understand organizational risks and opportunities.
- Mail acknowledgement process (i.e. fold, stuff and mail out letters)
- Database processing (i.e. data entry, queries / exports).
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Provide support to additional departments as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships, initiate action, adjust to change, and persuade at all levels.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives.
- Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential staff, donor and volunteer information.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn proprietary systems and tools quickly.
- Create compelling fact-based presentation in conclusion of internship.
- Improve interpersonal and professional skill set
- Learn to effectively multi-task.
- Learn to work well with others (both staff members and other interns).
- Gain a deep understanding of what the non-profit sector is all about.
- Be able to reflect both critically and constructively on your work as an intern for Make-A-Wish.
- Provide a short end-of-term presentation for staff members and other interns on your experience and what you learned during your internship.
- Must satisfy a minimum requirement of 100 hours
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.