Reports to: Manager, Finance
Type of Position: Intern
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Finance Intern provides a full range of administrative support for the Make-A-Wish Finance staff. This role is an integral part of our internal financial processes such as sorting and organizing receipts for reimbursement, filing and managing our Accounts Payable files and our Batch Donation Files.
The is the ideal experience for someone looking into a career in accounting, finance or administration in the non-profit sector.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administrative duties for the Finance Department to include sorting and mailing of checks.
- Maintain All Accounts Payable files and ensure proper backup is provided.
- Maintain all Batch Donation files and ensure proper backup is provided.
- Sorting receipts and preparing check requests to reimburse Wishgranting volunteers
- Prepare all in-kind for the Wishgranting department to be entered into the Raiser’s Edge database
- Assist in the coding of the credit card transactions on a weekly basis and ensure proper backup is provided.
- Assist in the coding of the Batch Donations
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Improve interpersonal and professional skill set
- Learn to effectively multi-task.
- Learn to work well with others (both staff members and other interns).
- Gain a deep understanding of what the non-profit sector is all about.
- Be able to reflect both critically and constructively on your work as an intern for Make-A-Wish.
- Provide a short end-of-term presentation for staff members and other interns on your experience and what you learned during your internship.
- Must satisfy a minimum requirement of 100 hours
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.