Type of Position: Intern
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Special Events Intern will work directly with the development team to provide support across key fundraising initiatives. This role is instrumental in working with special events and community events in an effort to achieve the overarching goal of raising funds to grant the wish of every eligible child.
The is the ideal experience for someone looking into a career in Events or Fundraising although we welcome all interested applicants!
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend and assist with planning and execution of various special events and community events (see below)!
- Golf Outings
- Toast to Wishes (October)
- Thank you visits
- Community presentations
- Annual Gala (June)
- School check presentations (June)
- Work with development team to acknowledge donors through thank you letters and phone calls
- Input prospect/ donor action notes into our database Raiser’s Edge
- Make calls to past event attendees to invite them to event
- Assist with solicitation of auction items
- Support events team to publicize and promote events
- Research new prospects
- Research and prepare auction display items
- Research in-kind donations and outreach via phone and email
- Mailing (FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- Filing (electronic and paper)
- Public speaking is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Suite (WORD, EXCEL, PPT)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Strong phone/communicating skills
- Improve interpersonal and professional skill set
- Learn to effectively multi-task
- Learn to work well with others (both staff members and other interns)
- Gain a deep understanding of what the non-profit sector is all about
- Be able to reflect both critically and constructively on your work as an intern for Make-A-Wish
- Provide a short end-of-term presentation for staff members and other interns on your experience and what you learned during your internship
- Must satisfy a minimum requirement of 100 hours
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.