Job title: Associate, Medical Engagement
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director, Medical, Community and Volunteer Engagement
Type of position: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Regular hours worked: 35 per week
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
The Associate, Medical Engagement is responsible for overseeing the referral, diagnosis verification and wish clearance process, importing and analyzing data, supports in creating reports and queries, and defining standard operating procedures for the medical outreach team and integrating them with the Mission Delivery team. He/she is to act as a member of the team in supporting coworkers and supervisors in accomplishing the Chapter objectives set forth by the Director, Medical, Community and Volunteer Engagement, Chief Operating Officer, and CEO.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Oversees referral, diagnosis verification, intake and wish clearance process.
- Responsible for managing wish cases and data entry related to wish family demographics, psychosocial information, and complexity scoring.
- Ensures medical eligibility is determined in timely fashion and ensures appropriate signatures and information on the forms. Follow-up is done for Diagnosis Verifications that are not returned or missing essential information.
- Develops training curriculum and partners with the Director of Medical, Community and Volunteer Engagement to train referral sources on new tools and processes (IME system).
- Supports in onboarding and training external constituents on IME (Intake Medical Eligibility process).
- Collaborates and communicates with Volunteer Support team to transfer wish cases to appropriate department (Western New York)
- Documents standard operating processes for intake team and integrates with wish/program team.
- Onboards wish families with all necessary documentation inclusive to completing the Welcome Call, complexity score, and emails/mails the Welcome Packet to wish families.
- Creates and sends welcome letter or DNQ letter as required for each family.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of data.
- Reviews and updates wish family cases as needed in Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
- Imports data into database using Import-o-matic. Troubleshoots and resolves database errors and oversees integrity of data established in Raiser’s Edge.
- Creates and runs queries/reports as needed.
- Analyzes data and identifies workflow and process efficiencies.
- Maintain working knowledge of national policies, guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish-granting program.
- In accordance with the Make-A-Wish team philosophy, carries out or assists with other tasks in addition to those listed in the job description.
- Supports in coordinating the development and production of all medical outreach materials
- Collaborates with team to support medical professional recognition, trainings and events.
- Supports in Evaluating referral trends and identifies new referral markets and strategically determines best outreach methods
- Responsible for overseeing and training interns and volunteers.
Essential Education & Experience:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; building and sustaining productive long-term relationships.
- Efficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Working knowledge of child development, childhood illnesses and treatments.
- Must be social media savvy for research purposes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce a plus.
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to apply discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the Board members, and the community.
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in administration, clerical, social work or child life
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Oral and written Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Show ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Commitment to and a passion for the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing this job employees may occasionally require to talk, stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, key data, stoop, twist, bend, crawl, speak and hear. Employees may drive a motor vehicle and may be required to travel during business hours and overnight up to 20% of the time. Person must also be able to move/lift up to 20 pounds.
- Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to weather prevalent at the time with varying noise levels.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply:
Please use the link below to complete and submit our formal application for the Associate, Medical Engagement position with Make-A-Wish Metro New York.
Please note: only applications submitted through this link via Formstack will be considered for this position.