Job title: Coordinator, Finance
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Senior Manager, Finance
Type of position: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Regular hours worked: 35 per week
The Finance Coordinator provides a full range of administrative support for Make-A-Wish Foundation Finance staff and Wishgranting staff. This role is an integral part of our internal financial control policies and is the front line in ensuring that all coding of invoices for wish children are properly recorded.
Essential Job Functions
General and Accounting:
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Coding of all invoices and requests for payments related to direct wish costs including: Wish Child Project Codes, Wish Date, Account Code, Transaction Code and Raiser’s Edge Budget Entry
- Processing Wish Assist invoicing and bill to appropriate chapter with backup
- Prepare all In-kind for the Wishgranting department to be entered into the Raiser’s Edge database
- Committing daily post over of batches from Raisers Edge to Financial Edge
- Enter all coding for BBVA Corporate cards and Wish Cards on a weekly basis and ensure proper backup is provided
- Activate BBVA Wish Cards and supply them to Wishgranting Staff
- Assist with Monthly Bank Reconciliations on a timely basis
- Back up to Finance Associate
- Accounting duties as assigned
- Maintain All Accounts Payable files and assist in accounts payable audit requests
- Administrative duties for the Finance Department to include mailing of checks, and overnight deliveries
- Ability to work autonomously with strong prioritizing and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives
- Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner
- Must be computer proficient with experience in Word and Excel. Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- Associate or Bachelors degree
- Previous administrative work experience in an office environment preferred
- Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing this job employees may occasionally be required to talk, stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, key data, stoop, twist, bend, crawl, speak and hear. Employees may drive a motor vehicle and may be required to travel during business hours and overnight up to 10% of the time. Person must also be able to move/lift up to 20 pounds.
- Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to normal office conditions which would include varying levels of background noise and normal office distractions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
How to Apply
Please use the link below to complete and submit our formal application for the Manager, Medical, Community and Volunteer Engagement position with Make-A-Wish Metro New York.
Please note: only applications submitted through this link via Formstack will be considered for this position.