Reports to: Manager, Process Improvement
Type of Position: Intern
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Operations Intern will report directly to the Manager of Process Improvement and work in tandem with the data services coordinator and operations coordinator to provide support across key organizational initiatives. This role is instrumental in working with internal and external clients in an effort to achieve the overarching goal of granting wishes to every eligible child.
This role is ideal for someone seeking a career in Business Administration, Data Science, Nonprofit Management and/or Operations Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver key insights and analysis to understand organizational trends, risks and opportunities.
- Effectively contribute to volunteer onboarding and compliance procedures.
- Identify and make recommendations to streamline business practices.
- Work collaboratively with team leads and staff to support volunteers, wish children, and families.
- Database processing as needed (i.e. data entry, queries / exports).
- Provide administrative, project and Mission Delivery support based on determined need.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis.
This role values critical thinking, the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and strong organization skills. The individual(s) selected for this internship must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint), experience with large data sets and/or digital tools (i.e. Formstack, Salesforce).
An additional list of qualifications is required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships, initiate action, adjust to change, and persuade at all levels.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives.
- Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential staff, donor and volunteer information.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn proprietary systems and tools quickly.
- Create compelling fact-based presentation in conclusion of internship.
- Must satisfy a minimum requirement of 100 hours
- Provide a short end-of-term presentation for staff members and other interns on your experience and what you learned during your internship.
- Improve interpersonal and professional skillset
- Learn to effectively multi-task.
- Learn to work well with others (both staff members and other interns).
- Gain a deep understanding of the non-profit sector.
- Be able to reflect both critically and constructively on your work as an intern for Make-A-Wish.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Please click the link below to apply: